CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A New Career?

Yesterday, a neighbor came to our door and asked if I was willing to give piano lessons to her 10-year-old daughter. She "found" me when she heard me play as she was walking around the neighborhood (which makes me wonder how soundproof our house is!).

This took me by surprise and I quickly told her that I have never taught piano lessons before. She seemed to be okay with that fact--which further surprised me. I agreed and told her that we can try it out and that I would not be offended if I am not a good fit. I will start my first lesson on Monday. We'll see how it goes. I am a little apprehensive--especially without a teaching background. I am hoping that I will be able to teach her all the good techniques that my piano teacher has taught me years ago and that this will be a positive experience for the both of us.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's a great story! I think you'll be an excellent piano teacher. Good luck!

Ann said...

I'm sure you'll do great!! That's wonderful! :)

Fritters said...

that's awesome! I'm sure you'll be a great teacher!

Melanni said...

You'll be a great teacher!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Wow, that is actually pretty cool! I echo everyone else's comments that you will definitely be a great teacher!(c:

Natalie said...

Do you want to teach me? ha-ha i am just kidding. I think you will do a great job.

Emily said...

That's really awesome! It just shows what a great pianist you are that someone passing by would want you to be their child's teacher!