CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Artist Block

"The painter's obsession with his subject is all that he needs to drive him to work." --Lucian Freud


Unfortunately for me, I don't seem to have a "subject". I am having a major case of "artist block" and it has been lasting for a few months now. Not that I can truly call myself an artist since I merely dabble in it and have yet to make my very own portfolio. But I have tons of empty space in our entranceway and 3 large blank canvases staring back at me--very daunting!

4 comments:

Ann said...

How exciting!! Where did you find canvases that size? What a neat project! I understand the daunting feeling, though...I'm having it with my girls' room. Good luck!

Rebecca said...

Oh Evelyn. I can't wait to see what you do with those! I'm loving the catch up posts! Keep them coming!

Fritters said...

wow... inspiration... it's different for everyone! But for me, it usually comes from nature or love. good luck! be sure to post about it when you finish!!

mich said...

There's a line at the beginning of this documentary called "Sketches of Frank Gehry" that you'd like. Check it out from the library. It's a great exploration into what inspires the mind of an architect who comes up with buildings like the Bilbao Art Museum and Seattle's Experience Music Project. Anyway, the line totally expresses what I imagine you're feeling. Good Luck, friend!