CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What About Ryan???

Now that you have gotten an update about my career, it's time to talk about Ryan. I told him that he should explain his job instead of me because once he starts talking about engineering, I sort of glaze over and my mind begins to wander and think about other things like "hmm, what should we make for dinner?". Since Ryan has gotten use to this reaction, he gave me a brochure that discusses the purpoes of his department:

After reading the brochure, it still doesn't quite explain what Ryan does since it encompasses a plethora of engineering software terms and gives a very vague depiction. However, when asked about Ryan's occupation, I just take the little phrase in the middle of the brochure: "Modeling and Simulation". Maybe some day I will suddenly have the "A-HA moment" and understand it, but I'm not holding my breath. I am just happy that Ryan enjoys what he is doing. As what a former professor once said, "select a career that you are good at and that you love to do". Based on the few months that Ryan has been working, it seems like he is following this advice.

1 comments:

Emily said...

I feel exactly the same way about what Dan does. And he's definitely explained it to me numerous times! At least we'll have an eternity to figure it out huh?